返回首页 | 病理技术专题 | 病理资讯 | 病理图库 | 病理技术精英 | 同行交流 | 技术会诊 | 点滴经验 | 常规切片 | 特殊染色 | 分子免疫 | 细胞园地 | 电镜技术 | 收藏本站
发新话题
打印

加急跪求免疫组化的问题 急死人啦

Blocking Endogenous Biotin

Why should I block endogenous biotin
Some cells or tissues contain endogenous biotin. Using avidin-biotin method may result in high, non-specific background staining. This non-specific background can be significantly reduced by pre-treatment of cells/tissues with avidin/biotin blocking reagents prior to the incubation of biotinylated antibody

How do I know if my tissues contain endogenous biotin
Kidney, liver and spleen usually contain high level of endogenous biotin and a blocking step is needed when you are using avidin-biotin system for these tissues. You can also do a ** test by incubating sections directly with ABC complex or streptavidin-HRP and then DAB, but be sure to apply hydrogen peroxide first to rule out the background staining caused by endogenous peroxidase.

What chemicals/reagents to use for blocking endogenous biotin
Two chemicals, avidin and biotin, are needed. You can purchase from Sigma and make 0.05% avidin and 0.005% biotin in PBS. Commercial avidin/biotin blocking kits are also available from many companies. Dr. Rodney Miller has also used egg white as a source of avidin and skim milk as a source of biotin to block endogenous biotin successfully,  but water should be used to rinse sections between steps since PBS will precipitate out proteins in the egg white.

Where should I block endogenous biotin during IHC procedure
The blocking step should occur immediately after normal serum blocking and before primary antibody incubation since (1) antigen retrieval procedure may reveal some endogenous biotin; (2) normal serum can contain endogenous biotin.

What is the procedure for blocking endogenous biotin
Incubate sections in avidin solution for 15 minutes followed by brief rinse in PBS, and then incubate sections in biotin solution for 15 minutes (all at room temperature). Briefly rinse in PBS and continue the protocol with primary antibody.

Why do I need two steps to block endogenous biotin
The first step is the incubation with avidin solution and this will allow avidin to bind any avidin binding sites on biotin in the tissue, and the second step is the incubation with biotin and this step is to saturate all the biotin-binding sites left open on the avidin.

I blocked with avidin/biotin blocking reagents, but still getting background staining
The avidin/biotin solution may be expired. Try fresh solution and it may solve the problem. If the background problem persists, you may consider switching to a different detection system.

What chemicals/reagents to use for blocking endogenous biotin
Two chemicals, avidin and biotin, are needed. You can purchase from Sigma and make 0.05% avidin and 0.005% biotin in PBS. Commercial avidin/biotin blocking kits are also available from many companies. Dr. Rodney Miller has also used egg white as a source of avidin and skim milk as a source of biotin to block endogenous biotin successfully,  but water should be used to rinse sections between steps since PBS will precipitate out proteins in the egg white.
这一段里说的是用蛋青和去脂奶粉来阻断/封闭内源性生物素.在用蛋青和去脂奶粉这两步骤之间要用蒸馏水洗.

[ 本帖最后由 shanghainese 于 2010-2-14 13:48 编辑 ]

What is the procedure for blocking endogenous biotin
Incubate sections in avidin solution for 15 minutes followed by brief rinse in PBS, and then incubate sections in biotin solution for 15 minutes (all at room temperature). Briefly rinse in PBS and continue the protocol with primary antibody.
后面这一段里说的是用商品化的抗生物素avidin 和生物素 biotin 一起来来阻断/封闭内源性生物素.
这两步骤之间可以用PBS洗.

小鼠的一抗不一定与大鼠有交叉反应。

引用:
原帖由 么么么么 于 2010-2-23 21:10 发表
老师,我用小鼠的一抗做大鼠组织是不是原则性错误了??   我的片子都是一片黄,阴性对照和阳性片结果一样这种情况的原因是不是可能就是这个?

我搜到GBI公司的超灵敏多聚HRP/AP免疫组化检测试剂盒http://www.g ...
能否告诉我您用的是哪几个一抗?

内源性生物素可能还没有阻断

发新话题